Joey and I were trying to look back to a year ago today, and it is really blurry. Looking back, I know I was in labor. I remember laying around the house all day. It was the first day I felt just bad. I had been feeling hot, fat, you know the normal stuff before. But Sunday I just really felt like I had been hit by a bus. I texted my manager that afternoon, and left him know I wanted to start my maternity leave on Monday, baby or no baby. I remember Joey and I going through everything we had already packed (I had been packed a couple weeks). We went into the nursery to make sure it was complete, as well. We made sure the video camera was charged. We filmed a short message to Josie, telling her how excited we were to meet her. We filmed her nursery for her, and let her meet her sisters Daisy and Koko. We went for a nightly walk, and I was having contractions every few minutes. I remember not wanting my hair to be curly during delivery. You all know how my hair looks after a night of sleeping on it, much less laboring on it. So I had been straightening my hair the past couple of nights "just in case". I showered, straightened my hair, and turned into bed really early that night...
This birthday is very bitersweet to me. All of these precious memories feel like just yesterday. It is amazing how much we loved her while she was growing inside of me, we couldn't even understand the love we would be feeling very, very soon. A different kind of love we have never felt before...
2 comments:
I needed more than that...... Ohhhh where is tomorrow??
It is bittersweet :( I love these babies so much, and they are just growing up too fast! I remember thinking when I went to bed that Sunday night, "I bet Katie calls me in the morning". I think I was right hehe...
Post a Comment