It was Saturday, June 27th. I was due July 1st. I had seen Dr. Oneal that week, who guessed I had about ten days until delivery. I was dilated 1cm but nearly totally thinned (sorry if TMI)! I thought... how perfect because he was on call that weekend and I just knew this was it! I had been having contractions throughout the week, but nothing regular. Joey had me on a strict walking schedule every night! He was ready to meet his princess! We awalked almost 2 miles very night, of course the last month was in turtle mode. I remember asking the doctor if there was anything I could do to speed up the process, and he said "anything that takes up time will speed up the process". Thanks!
Anyway, Joey's boss at the time had planned a party for all of the reps under him. I had known about it for a while, but figured we would have a baby by then. After talking with coworkers, he informs me the morning of the party that it was a POOL PARTY. Anyone who has had a baby knows how attractive you feel when your 9 months pregnant. And anyone who remember last summer at this time remembers how miserably hot and humid it was. I of course declined to wear my bathing suit (not like I had one that fit anyway), and found the coolest sun dress I owned. I remember walking up to the party and someone saying "awwwww, poor thing!" So I know I must have looked like a beast. The party was very nice, and they had an awesome pool, outdoor kitchen, ect. I was a good sport. I remember looking down at my ankles (or where they used to be) and thinking how I had never seen them that swollen. I had contractions the whole time I was there, but still not real close together. We stayed about 3 hours, and then I think Joey could see that I was getting pretty hot and uncomfortable. When I stood up to leave, I remember there being a line of sweat between my boobs and stomach... nice! After I got cooled off and got home, my contractions got closer and closer together. I would have them every few minutes, and then not have one for twenty minutes.I knew Dr. Oneal was on call... so I went ahead and gave him a ring to see if I needed to come in. He said that she would probably be here soon, but I would be more comfortable at home, so to wait until they were more regular. Joey and I walked again that night.I actually slept really good that night...
You will have to wait until tomorrow to hear about what happened on Sunday!
We had Josie's first birthday party today, and boy was she a cutie. It was mostly just family, I tried to keep this first one simple (though hard to do)! I have many, many pictures to sort through before I put them up, but they are really, really cute!
2 comments:
I do love a good story. And you know I didn't know anything about this pool party. Can't wait until tomorrow... Ohhhhhh the suspense.
I had never heard the story leading up to the middle of the night call so I am excited to hear....the rest of the story.
Post a Comment