Tuesday, June 22, 2010

This may call for the Elton John shades...

We are getting old... well Joey is. We had his 10 year class reunion on Saturday night in Pascagoula. It was at Scrantons downtown, and was really nice. The turn out wasn't excellent, but I think everyone that Joey hoped to see was there. After the party at Scrantons, we went about a block furthur to the infamous Jazz Club. The Jazz Club is the bar that I dread the name be mentioned everytime we go to Pascagoula (sorry Jazz Club frequents!)It has quite a variety of people who go there... the young people home from college, the people my age who go there every weekend (Friday and Saturday), the cougars shooting pool hoping to hang out with one of the young boys home from college, old married couples, newlyweds, teenagers... you get my drift. They don't discriminate. You can watch TV, play darts, shoot pool, play shuffle board, or binge drink. Long story short, we surely ruined our welcome there, along with the rest of Joey's class. It was good times for him to catch up with all of his old buddies. Luckily I knew most of them, too. We were not feeling "fresh as a daisy the next day," that is for sure. Pictures before we left...



In the meantime, Josie was getting spoiled by her Deedy and Aunt Jenn. Yummy cupcakes for Jennifer's birthday...


And a couple more pictures from the beach, compliments of Deedy.
Everyone says how much Josie looks like Joey. I believe them, I know she doesn't look like me. But when I saw this picture, I knew it was official... I did all the work and she looks just like her stinkin daddy. Sweet picture, though!



We have been fighting a cough for about 2 weeks and fever since Friday, so I took her in today to her doctor. She has an ear and sinus infection =( Feeling bad for her after that mean ole doctor dug in her ears for fifteen minutes, I thought she deserved a sucker. And her Elton John shades. The funny thing about these shades is she likes wearing them. When they fell off, she would put them back on. I have a little show-off on my hands!

3 comments:

heatherstockett said...

Love the pic of yall at the pool!! Definitely a keeper :) Hope Joey is recovering nicely ;)

Donna said...

Poor baby. Glad you took her to the doctor. I could tell she wasn't 100%. Hope she is on the mend. I am starting to feel under the weather too. I probably caught her sinus infection with all that sweet lovin she gave me.

Morrell Family said...

Poor baby. I hope she feels better soon. She's got a big weekend ahead of her :)