The book fair is required in 3rd grade. Josie did it in 1st when it was optional, but this was her first required one. We are so fortunate to have a crafty Deedy who came to help her with her project! It was such a sweet book, too. Projects are right up Josie's alley so she was so excited.
We turned it in, and I honestly didn't expect too much (even thought it was awesome and had real blinking lights) since everyone in her grade had to do one. She made it clear that she did not want to win because that would be embarrassing.
I will never forget the day I picked her up after they had been judged. Josie, RJ and Colbie got in the car and Colbie was talking my ear off about her day and Josie and RJ had not said a word. It got quiet and I hear "Guess what mommy. Something really bad happened." "What's the matter, Josie"? " I won the book fair" with the funniest, squinty eyed face that she makes. I was so excited for her and congratulated her and clapped and I asked Colbie and Ryleigh how they did. "I turned mine in and the teacher didn't say anything" - Colbie. "I didn't win nothing" - Ryleigh.
This cracked me up. No one spoke the whole way home, two because they didn't win and one because they did win. I pointed out how funny they were and we all laughed about it when we got home. When I asked Josie why she didn't want to win, she said it was because she didn't want them to call her name on the loud speaker because everyone would look at her. LOL!
We went to the district reading fair, where she presented her poster to the judges just perfect and didn't miss a beat. She placed third. She was a little disappointed because once she got used to the idea of winning, I don't think it crossed her mind she might not win (got a little Joey in her). I think she did awesome and as always I am proud of my smart, but bashful, Josie girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment