Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Glad It's Over!!

We had the much dreaded two month check-up on Monday. It turned out not to be too bad, but not fun at all! Josie weighed 11 lb 2 oz, 23 3/4 inches in length (that's long!), and her head was 15 3/4 inches ( thanks daddy!) ;) Everything is right on track. We do have to go to physical therapy a few times for weak neck muscles. Apparently her broke collar bone from delivery has made her favor one side... so we gotta go do a work-out like an old lady!! Physical therapy was not what I expected to get out of the visit! She fussed the whole time he examined her. I finally got her calmed down when they came in with those mean ole shots. She was laying there trying to catch a nap when they stuck her. She jumped and then let the cry out that was soooo bad that it was silent. Poor thing! I teared up... but handled it better than I thought I would! As soon as we got in the car, she fell asleep. We got home and i just knew she would be ill when she woke up. I picked her up, started to rock her, and she looked at me and started smiling and talking. Poor baby. Smiling after that terrible afternoon! Maybe it was worse for me than her!


She slept 9 hours that night!

5 comments:

heatherstockett said...

Poor thing! Looking back on it, those first check ups were nothing compared to now. Jackson freaks out at the site of a nurse/doctor-really anyone who wears scrubs. Hope she sleeps that well tonight!!

MawMaw said...

Sweet little angel. It is always harder on Mommy than baby but, unfortunately, it is necessary. Give her a big old hug and kiss from Maw Maw and tell her physical therapy will make her neck all better. She gets prettier every day. I can't wait to see her and take some of Dee Dee's sugar before she gives it away...

Jill said...

Ford did that silent cry too and turned purple!!! That last picture of you holding her is precious and is frame worthy!

Morrell Family said...

Poor sweet baby! I'm dreading next week when we go for our shots :(
Maybe Josie can give Jack a pep talk!

Janice said...

Thanks for the compliment :) I think you are a superwoman too! Can't wait to keep that sweet baby! Love you