Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Workin in Out
Today was Josie's first day of physical therapy. I was prepared for her to scream the whole time, because the right side of her neck is really tight! The therapist did an excellent job, though, and I don't think she noticed she was getting a work out until the end! It is mostly stretches that we will be doing at home, and hopefully we only have to go to therapy 3 or 4 times. When I found out the name of her condition, torticollis, I made the mistake of googling it (I google everything). I know, I'm a nurse and I should know better than that! I saw a picture of a baby with torticollis and he had to wear a helmet. Perfect! So I asked the therapist, and she said children who have to wear the helmet have a misshapen head from laying one way while sleeping. And Josie has a nice, round head. And big... maybe that's why it hangs... it has to be heavy =) So over all it went well, and we hope this clears up really quick. They said since she is so young it should be no time. Yaaay! Here is a few of the latest pictures.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That sweet little angel is so pretty and I can't wait to get to hold her again.
It's a good thing she got her daddy's head! I know what you mean about googling. I made the mistake of looking up hemangiomas. Not a good idea.
Her neck already looks better in that top picture! I miss her when I don't get to see her. Maybe we can play soon :) Love y'all!
Precious baby!
Post a Comment